Here you will find an extensive library of “real life” case stories of dogs I have helped.
You can search all posts for specific words and this will bring up a list of stories containing the word (for example “aggression”), or you can browse from specific categories, or just browse the archive.
I hope you find the stories useful.
Is it desensitising or is it over-exposure? Ellie, her siblings and other Tibetan Terriers were picked up from a breeder in a dreadful state of neglect, with matted fur and no socialisation. They had no exposure to life outside the shed where they were kept. Lucky Ellie was re-homed to my clients three
I have been seeing people, lots of people, but not in the flesh. Families have chatted with me over Zoom. I’ve been able to see their dogs and have even been walked around their houses so I can see the dog’s environment. I have now started a good number of
An emergency visit to another biting puppy! The young couple have had eight-week-old Springer Spaniel puppy for just four days. His flying at them and grabbing legs and clothes as they walk about has reached such a level that they are wearing their wellies in the house now! Actually this
Noah suffers from separation panic whenever he’s left without human company. He’s most distressed when his young lady owner’s mother leaves him. The whole family suffer too. Their two happy Standard Poodles are no substitute for human company. Noah howls. Not only does it distress the family, it upsets the
Due to Corona virus, no more home visits for now. Why not take advantage of restricted movement and extra time by helping your dog? Take a look at my Zoom Distance Behaviour Help, available anywhere in the world. Polly is aggressive when people leave. I had been sitting on their
Search My Stories
I just wanted to message you and say thanks for your help when Dizzy was a pup. She’s turning out to be an amazing little thing!!! We literally couldn’t have asked for a better dog, thank you so much for setting us off on the right track from the very beginning!
Puppy off to the best start
We are really pleased with progress far. Your guidance has been invaluable. Within the first week, we were all just feeling relieved at the improvement in his behaviour (and probably ours!) and we felt we could at least live with him. Now, at the end of two weeks, I can honestly say it is a pleasure to be with him. He is having fun, he is affectionate and more relaxed.
He is having fun, he is affectionate and more relaxed
Very kind lady gave us the reassurance that we could give our dog a new start to life. He truly needed one. Theo was professional, approachable and extremely sensitive to our situation and our dogs terrible separation anxiety.
Prompt, helpful and considerate
Was very impressed with Theo, she was very helpful and extremely easy to talk to. Theo explained everything very well to us both, making everything easier to understand
Very helpful and extremely easy to talk to
She was absolutely fantastic and explained everything well. All our questions were answered in great detail. We couldnt ask for more. Warm and friendly. She gave us back our optimism that Polo isn’t a lot cause. I would have no hesitation in recommending Theo, already have!
Both of us were very impressed with Theo
- Having had a trainer over previously to help with Dollys biting and obsessive behaviour who had very negative methods in my opinion, we did a lot of research to find Theo and she lived up to our expectations.
Theo lived up to our expectations
- From her first phone call following my email enquiry, calling back with further suggestions even before she met us. Trudi has changed already, really calmed down, and we feel confident that with Theo’s support there is positive hope that we will get there.
Theo has been very supportive
- Extremely prompt telephone call after my initial email. I felt empowered following the visit, and confident I will learn good leadership! Delighted with Theo. William (our Dalmation) is already calmer. I wont give up on him now Theos in his and our lives.
- 3 weeks ago I was at the end of my tether and it was me or the dogs (and I suspect my husband may have chosen the dogs!). I didn’t know how to stop all the barking, dreaded callers to the house and generally wondered why on earth I had dogs. It has been hard, the first 10 days or so was stressful trying to remember all the things to do, I lost my temper, I shouted, the dogs seemed worse than ever before but now I am seeing results, it feels good, I feel good. The dogs are brilliant, I love them again.
3 weeks ago I was at the end of my tether and it was me or the dogs
- Thank you for coming to meet us. Both Michael and I expected someone judgemental and you were nothing like that at all. and made sure that we understood why we were to behave in a different way and see it from the dogs’ point of view. We both thought you were lovely!
We really felt that you considered our emotions as much as the dog's
- When I was at a point of crisis with my two rescue dogs. My thanks alone would never be enough.
You gave me some incredibly helpful advice
- I always praise you for the way Jess has turned out considering we were thinking of having her put down before you came.
We were thinking of having her put down before you came
- We would have no hesitation in recommending Theo to any other family with similar problems, I now have a more relaxed dog and the family is more relaxed!
The service we received was prompt, informative, efficient and well explained
- which I very rarely feel with a stranger in the house. I was very impressed with the service received. My only regret is not asking for help months ago!!
Theo gave me confidence with my dogs
- – and good follow up! Was very impressed with Theo, she was very helpful and extremely easy to talk to. Theo explained everything very well to us both, making everything easier to understand.
Very friendly, pitched perfectly for the whole family
- Almost instant calmer dog, just by looking at the situation from a different angle (ie dog angle)! Theo was a calming influence even when Ben gave his warning sign usually preceding aggression. We were impressed. Thanks again.
Punctual and professional
- My 9-month-old Bolognese puppy Bella was happy to tear up the stairs, but she would sit at the top crying for me to carry her down, too scared to attempt it on her own. With Theo’s brilliant wisdom and insight into the doggy mind, she has encouraged her with positive psychology and in less than a week Bella is now happy and confident to descend three-quarters of the way down the staircase on her own and l am sure it will only be another few days before she can come down the last few steps all the way without fear. Before meeting Theo l had few expectations that the stair problem could be resolved, but in a calm and gentle way she has achieved remarkable results in a short period of time.
Scared to go downstairs