Details, pricing and area covered
Let’s get your dog some experienced, prompt and effective behaviour help.
First fill in the short contact form, or ring me on 01767 641070 if it’s urgent.
Before you get in touch, I’d really like to tell you more about the service I provide, what I charge, and the area I cover. Please see below.
Consultation with help and support: £295
Consultation with Six Weeks Support is all inclusive: Report and action plan, visit(s), help, aftercare, behaviour training, travel time.
A ‘Getting Started’ session in your own home of 2 to 3 hours for us to get to know one another and for me to properly understand your dog(s), with experienced behaviour help and strategies along with practical hands-on work.
After this consultation, I carefully prepare a personalised behaviour training plan for you to follow which you will receive within 24 hours. There will be no need to take notes.
Thereafter I offer support for six weeks*, with both behaviour work and dog training at a level that gives you the very best chance of eventual success.
*An extension can be negotiated if necessary. If you are going away or on holiday during your six weeks, I will compensate for the time missed.
Best choice for:
- Those who want the very best help in changing their dog’s behaviour.
- Those who have the time and commitment for six-weeks of hard work for me and their dog. (My standalone Cuppa Consultation is otherwise the option for you).
- For people who are happy to keep in close touch with me using email for weekly progress reports.
- For those where their dog’s problems are complicated or deep
- For those wanting to help a new puppy through the first important six weeks. ‘Puppy Parenting’ is a lot more than just puppy training.
- For those who are having difficulty in settling in a new rescue dog
- For those with more than one dog.
How to book:
Fill in the contact form or call me on 01767 641070 – stating ‘Six Weeks’. We can have a telephone chat about how I would help you and we can book an appointment at a time to suit your family. Evenings and weekends are available.
PS. No extra charge for multiple dogs in the same household.
Payment by cheque, cash or bank transfer either in advance or at the end of the consultation.
‘Cuppa’ Consultation by the hour
Invite me for a cuppa to pick my brains! I have extensive experience over the past fifteen years, having helped over 2,500 clients and dogs in their own home. I continually keep up to date with new developments.
We will look into the problems you are having and I will advise you on the best way forward. I will do everything I can within the time. If the difficulties are too severe for just a single visit I shall inform you.
After my visit it will be over to you.
There will be no follow-up (you would need my Consultation with 6 Weeks Support for this).
You can take your own notes or even film the meeting.
Best choice for:
- Those who need a more economical option.
- Those who are unable to give the time and commitment for ‘Consultation with 6 Weeks Support‘
- For those who live within 10 miles of MK44 3PN (travel time charged for).
- For minor problems.
- For people not confident using internet and email
- For those wanting to check puppy is off to the right start
- For those who want to get everything in place before puppy or new rescue dog arrives.
What it costs:
By the hour ‘Cuppa Consultation’ @£60 per hour, therefore 2 hours: £120.
If very minor issues a 1 1/2 hour visit can be arranged.
Travel time at half my hourly rate (£30 an hour).
This is estimated using RAC Route Planner fastest route from MK44 3PN where I live.
Payment either in advance or at the end of our meeting. Exact quote upon booking.
Further help – another Cuppa Consultation at the same rate.
How to book:
Fill in the contact form or call me on 01767 641070 – stating ‘Cuppa Consult’. I shall give you a quote over the phone to include the travel time and we can book an appointment.
My ‘distance’ service
Using Skype or Zoom – very simple to use and with the facility to record our call.
An alternative for people needing trustworthy but lower-cost advice.
For people living out of my travel area.
£85 for the first DIAL hour.
Step 1: Having checked the fee above, please copy and paste this form into a personal, private email; add your answers and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all information is confidential and is protected by the Data Protection Act.
Your name, address and telephone number
Your email address
Name, age, gender and breed of your dog(s)
Is the dog neutered/spayed?
How long has your dog lived with you?
Your dog’s known background
General state of health, and medical history
List people living in the house.
Very brief description of issues – we will go into them in depth later.
List a choice of three days and times (evenings preferred) that are convenient for an uninterrupted 1-hour DIAL session.
Where did you hear about me?
A photo of your dog(s) whilst not essential would be helpful.
Disclaimer: In returning this questionnaire, I agree that Theo Stewart can accept no responsibility nor liability should any damage or injury be inflicted by my dog(s). I also understand that this is not a ‘quick fix’ and that good results depend upon the work we ourselves are prepared to put in and in being consistent.
I also understand that there may be things that, due to this being done from a distance, Theo may not be able to pick up on regarding my dog, our own interaction with him/her and the dog’s environment.
I understand that cancellations require a minimum of 5 days to be eligible for refund.
Step 2: When the questionnaire is completed and emailed to me, please click here to pay for your ‘DIAL-Hour’.
Step 3: Upon receipt of your questionnaire and payment, I will confirm the booking of your ‘DIAL-Hour’ time-slot and we can arrange a mutually convenient Zoom video consultation.
- NB. If, having read your questionnaire, the issue is something that needs face-to-face help, I shall refund you promptly in full.
Step 4: We have our DIAL meeting.
- The consultation will end at the allotted time, though I will be flexible if there are necessary interruptions either end (probably due to the needs of our dogs!).
- NB. If, at the end of our DIAL session I believe the issue is something that cannot be merely done via video call, I shall advise you to continue with a local professional.
Step 5: I will send you a short email report, covering the advice given.
Step 6: If you still need more help, you will then be invited to book a follow-up one ‘DIAL-Hour’ meeting.
- Further ‘DIAL-Hours’ can be booked as required
*Please note that cancellations require at least 5 days notice to be eligible for a refund.
Includes a further written report: £65 (other currencies at current exchange rate)
NB. Further ‘DIAL-Hours’ can be purchased later if necessary.
Behaviour work with specialist training for assistance dogs/helper dogs: Six Weeks Starter: £285
- A ‘Getting Started’ behaviour session in your own home of 2 to 3 hours with me, Theo, to assess your dog and for us to get to know one another; for me and Selina Valentine to properly understand your dog’s potential as a Helper Dog with behaviour help and strategies along with practical hands-on work.
- Not all dogs are temperamentally suited to the job we may want them to do, and this possibility will be assessed.
- After this visit I carefully prepare a personalised behaviour training plan for you to follow which you will receive within 24 hours. If behaviour foundations are unnecessary, I will pass you straight on to Selina. Every case is different.
- When any necessary behaviour work is in place (how much and for how long it takes will depend upon your own dog) Selina will then take over. After your paid six weeks with us, subsequent visits to be negotiated with Selina.
For the past 2 years, Selina has assessed dogs for Canine Generated Independence for their general obedience levels, and through the intensive public access test. She provides 1:1 training for members of the organisation and has assisted at workshops and run group workshops.
Selina has a passion for all animals, she has always had a soft spot for dogs, and even more so since 2012 when she became disabled. Her bond with her dog (Kuga) grew stronger, as she started to train him to be her assistance dog. Selina realised just how much of an impact dogs can have on people’s lives, and this drove her to get her qualifications so that she could help others enjoy their dog, and have the bond with their dog that she has with her own.
She has 5 years’ experience as a dog trainer alongside 2 years with a not for profit organisation, called Canine Generated Independence, helping owners train their own assistance dogs, this training is long distance based, so she produces training videos, does live web chats with clients and offers written training advice.
Selina is an associate member of the International Companion Animal Network (ICAN), she a member of The Pet Professional Guild (PPG), IMDT & the Guild of Dog Trainers (GoDT). She is fully insured with the Kennel Club, and is a qualified dog 1st aider.
For full details about Selina: www.tailwaggingservices.co.uk
NB. If you are out of my area for home visits, please scroll down for DIAL distance help.
What next? If you live in my area, please either fill in the contact form and I will get back to you or pick up the phone 01767 641070. We can then discuss the situation with your dog(s) and what I would do to help you.
For a copy of the terms and conditions you will be asked to sign at the end of the consultation, please click here.