Experienced help for dogs and their humans. Making a difference.
Getting it right for first-time dog owners
Resolving difficulties with experienced dog owners
No more need for dog to show aggression
Can be walked near other dogs without fear or reacting
Barking under control
Children and dog living in harmony
Dogs in multi-dog households getting along
A more confident and less fearful dog
You can leave the dog happily alone
No more repetitive or obsessive behaviours
No needless guarding or protectiveness
A calmer, self-controlled, polite dog.
Walks: walking nicely on lead, coming back when called, confident around people, other dogs, traffic and so on.
Puppy Parenting. Start off on the right four feet
The happiest, stress-free life possible for you and your dog
Positive. Force-free. Kind.
Details, pricing and area covered
My Six Weeks Comprehensive is all inclusive: visit(s), help, support, behaviour training: £285
- A ‘Getting Started’ session in your own home of 2 to 3 hours for us to get to know one another and for me to properly understand your dog(s), with behaviour help and strategies along with practical hands-on work.
- After this visit I carefully prepare a personalised behaviour training plan for you to follow which you will receive within 24 hours.
- Thereafter I offer support for six weeks, with both behaviour work and dog training at a level that gives you the very best chance of eventual success. Four weeks of focussed work to kick-start the future change in behaviour of your dog/s* followed by two weeks easing back, preparing you for what will be ongoing once we have parted.
- If you are going away or on holiday during your six weeks, I will compensate for the time missed.
- My support requires communication by email in addition to the one-to-one visit(s) and telephone support, so clients need to be able to access the internet.
- Please check map for travel costs.
Payment by cheque, cash or bank transfer.
*An extension can be negotiated if necessary.
There is no extra charge for multiple dogs so long as they all live in the same house.
When do I schedule visits? Some people are at their wits’ end and want help as soon as possible, so I do my very best to see them quickly. With other people things aren’t quite so urgent. Contact me and we can discuss convenient times. I work in evenings and weekends when people are most likely to be at home, as well as daytime appointments if preferred.
Behaviour work with Theo together with specialist training with Selina Valentine for assistance dogs/helper dogs: Six Weeks Starter: £285
- A ‘Getting Started’ behaviour session in your own home of 2 to 3 hours with me, Theo, to assess your dog and for us to get to know one another; for me and Selina to properly understand your dog’s potential as a Helper Dog with behaviour help and strategies along with practical hands-on work.
- Not all dogs are temperamentally suited to the job we may want them to do, and this possibility will be assessed.
- After this visit I carefully prepare a personalised behaviour training plan for you to follow which you will receive within 24 hours. If behaviour foundations are unnecessary, I will pass you straight on to Selina. Every case is different.
- When any necessary behaviour work is in place (how much and for how long it takes will depend upon your own dog) Selina will then take over. After your paid six weeks with us, subsequent visits to be negotiated with Selina.
- Please check map for travel costs.
- Payment by cheque, cash or bank transfer either before or at the end of the first visit.
For the past 2 years, Selina has assessed dogs for Canine Generated Independence for their general obedience levels, and through the intensive public access test. She provides 1:1 training for members of the organisation and has assisted at workshops and run group workshops.
Selina has a passion for all animals, she has always had a soft spot for dogs, and even more so since 2012 when she became disabled. Her bond with her dog (Kuga) grew stronger, as she started to train him to be her assistance dog. Selina realised just how much of an impact dogs can have on people’s lives, and this drove her to get her qualifications so that she could help others enjoy their dog, and have the bond with their dog that she has with her own.
She has 5 years’ experience as a dog trainer alongside 2 years with a not for profit organisation, called Canine Generated Independence, helping owners train their own assistance dogs, this training is long distance based, so she produces training videos, does live web chats with clients and offers written training advice.
Selina is an associate member of the International Companion Animal Network (ICAN), she a member of The Pet Professional Guild (PPG), IMDT & the Guild of Dog Trainers (GoDT). She is fully insured with the Kennel Club, and is a qualified dog 1st aider.
For full details about Selina: www.tailwaggingservices.co.uk
NB. If you are out of my area for home visits, please scroll down for DIAL distance help.
What next? If you live in my area, please either pick up the phone 01767 641070 or fill in the contact form and I will get back to you. We can then discuss the situation with your dog(s) and what I would do to help you.
For a copy of the terms and conditions you will be asked to sign at the end of the consultation, please click here.
My ‘distance’ service (using Skype or telephone) can in no way replace person-to-person and dog help in your own home. Unless special circumstances, this is not an option I offer to people living within my area that I can go and see in person. £85 for the first DIAL hour.
Step 1: Having checked the fee above, please copy and paste this form into a personal, private email; add your answers and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all information is confidential and is protected by the Data Protection Act.
Your name, address and telephone number
Your Skype name, if you are on Skype
Name, age, gender and breed of your dog(s)
Is the dog neutered/spayed?
How long has your dog lived with you?
Your dog’s known background
General state of health, and medical history
List people living in the house.
Very brief description of issues – we will go into them in depth later.
List a choice of three days and times (evenings preferred) that are convenient for an uninterrupted 2-hour DIAL session.
Where did you hear about me?
A photo of your dog(s) whilst not essential would be helpful.
Disclaimer: In returning this questionnaire, I agree that Theo Stewart can accept no responsibility nor liability should any damage or injury be inflicted by my dog(s). I also understand that this is not a ‘quick fix’ and that good results depend upon the work we ourselves are prepared to put in and in being consistent.
I also understand that there may be things that, due to this being done from a distance, Theo may not be able to pick up on regarding my dog, our own interaction with him/her and the dog’s environment.
I understand that cancellations require a minimum of 5 days to be eligible for refund.
Step 2: When the questionnaire is completed and emailed to me, please click here to pay for your first ‘DIAL-Hour’.
Step 3: Upon receipt of your questionnaire and payment, I will confirm the booking of your ‘DIAL-Hour’ time-slot and we can arrange a mutually convenient telephone or video consultation by telephone or Skype.
- If it looks like you need extra help with the technical side of Skype, I shall be in touch beforehand – we may book five minutes just to set things up and check the technology is working okay for you.
- NB. If, having read your questionnaire, the issue is something that needs face-to-face help, I shall refund you promptly in full.
Step 4: We have our DIAL meeting.
- The consultation will end at the allotted time, though I will be flexible if there are necessary interruptions either end (probably due to the needs of our dogs!).
- NB. If, at the end of our DIAL session I believe the issue is something that cannot be merely done over the phone, I shall advise you to continue with a local professional. Any refund at this stage will be relative to the time spent.
Step 5: I will send you an email report, covering the advice given.
- Your ‘One DIAL-Hour’ includes a short written report and 3 subsequent email exchanges or one month aftercare, whichever is reached first.
Step 6: If you still need more help, you will then be invited to book a follow-up one ‘DIAL-Hour’ conversation – this is optional.
- Further ‘DIAL-Hours’ can be booked as required
*Please note that cancellations require at least 5 days notice to be eligible for a refund.
Includes a written report and 3 subsequent email exchanges or one month aftercare (whichever ends first): £65 (other currencies at current exchange rate)
NB. Further ‘DIAL-Hours’ can be purchased later if necessary.